Name one thing that you can say does not help educate you as a human being. After reading an article about how zoos and aquariums are places in the community that can be useful as teaching tools, it made me begin to think about what a teaching mechanism really is. I am one of the people who actually go to the zoo and read the facts that are posted around the zoo. While most people are walking and enjoying the area. I am learning.
But I began to see that in some sense everyone is learning. Everyone will once in a while go up to an animal and want to know what it is. Many bring their children who will definitely ask questions. A great example is when new animals begin to appear at the zoo. At the Memphis Zoo, the pandas were a tremendous attraction. You began to see people researching more about them and discovering things about the natural habitat that they are in. I believe many places are like this.
I think of sports and the fundamentals and mindset it takes to play them. I think of even incidents that are harmful. They can lead to teaching for children and others. I feel as though we should take advantage of all that we have and try to educate ourselves about them.
No comments:
Post a Comment