Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Why Can't I Stay Up To Date!!

As I was watching television the other day, I saw a commercial for Best Buy.  The company has started a program in which they will buy back products when more up to date products reach the market.  This seems like a great idea because you believe these companies will have the ability to break down the old technology and dispose of it correctly or reuse it.  But to me the craziest thing was the fact that a company has come to realize that technology is changing so rapidly that people are becoming frustrated and are lost in a sense because there is actually no way to really keep up with technological advances.

As we have discussed in our Education and Community class, this is becoming ridiculous in a sense.  These companies are making alot of money to force people keep up with the changes.  This can cause financial and psychological stress for some.  Many people thrive on technology.  Then when you add what it is doing to our planet, you begin to wonder how to stop this.  I have no solutions myself at the moment, but can we please start thinking about it.  Maybe the new phone that will come out next month can help us organize our ideas... 

1 comment:

  1. Funny, Fletcher:) :) Let me run down and get that new phone!

    ReplyDelete