Last week made me think about how much of a consumer I actually am. I really have to say that I did not grow up with a silver spoon but I definitely was not as misfortuned as some of the people I know. My parents tried their hardest to get me everything I needed, maybe not wanted but needed. I always remember that. It is one of those things that you really did not realize what you did not have until you were older. Then when you get older you realize you had just a little more than you thought a few years ago.
But my mother has said that I better have a great job because I have a very expensive lifestyle. I always look at her funny because I always felt that I worked hard for everything I get and I do not get everything I want. I feel as though I bargain well. But after ready a few chapters in Soul of a Citizen, I realize that my mother is correct. She says I get it honest. My father is the same way because he grew up with never receivng anything he wanted. My grandmother could not afford it. I guess I always wanted to be like my father. But I see now that I have to think about why I am actually buying things. Do I need them?
This society makes us feel as though we have to always be updated. In some ways we do. But I have come to a point now I believe that I can say that I am actually slowing down. I now have a phone that I am not tired of yet and it has been a year. I know that may not sound like much, but for the person I know I am and trying to get away from, that is alot!!!
NOW IT'S TIME TO CONTINUE THIS PROCESS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment