Thursday, March 3, 2011

What if?

Lets think back about our lives.  I was born in 1988, so my knowledge about life, regardless of research, will be considerably different from others.  Even with those differences, think about all the electronics in your life that you have used and/or upgraded.  Hard to remember everything is it not?  Thats fine, because we all will be like that.  The problem is why do we have to upgrade continuously?

After the readings for this week it made me think about my life and how technology has affected it.  I love my phone, the Droid X.  I love my lap top and my flat screen television.  But when somthing new comes out I will obviously want it.  But what if something new did not come out every two months?

Lets think about if appliances and other products were made to last for a significantly longer time (which I believe they actually could be).  We all the e-waste that we produce wouldn't the environment be much better.  What if all this competition for people to have the newest whatever was cut down to maybe just twice a year.  Maybe the economy would be better.

With all the toxic waste that is produced from electronics its hard to believe we are still stable individuals.  I believe that they are needed but not to the extent that we have them now.  Better made products will make for a better world.  We have to think about the future and our children.  What if they is taken away?

No comments:

Post a Comment